Last year we held the 4th annual THERMAL AWARDS live on Thermal Soundwaves radio. It got loads of reactions and responses which we love. Some got offended again and a lot of people laughed. We are not interested in those who were offended. We are interested in free expression. The Thermal Awards are not based on record sales, soundscan, billboard, payola, favoritism, popularity etc. However some may win due to pixism or niggerism. The awards are constructed on talent, skill, originality, quality, humor, the truth, thought provocation, and from time to time drunkenness or lack of sleep. For the most part, it is to recognize some people or artist who should be. Of course, there will be controversy and disagreements, but we encourage you to tell us what you think. Send us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In a year that brought a lot of crap, rehab, heavy plastic surgery, horrendous gimmicks, bad boys turned good, arrests, fake publicity, nonsense, lack of creativity, ill timed confessions and industry suicides, We carry on a proud tradition. And Now we make history……….Again !
5TH ANNUAL THERMAL AWARD WINNERS !
Best shout out to an executive on record
Shad to Dame Dash on “Nowadaze” (I call my car rocafella cuz it’s got a broke Dash)
Best shoe comeback
“Clarks” a weh u get da new clarkes de daadi
Best Intl artist
Shad (who’s the only black dude who gets props from Neo Nazis)
I should work for the NCAA award (they shut down mad athletes)
- Kim Kardashian
- Gabrielle Union (close 2nd)
Mary J. Blige/Keyshia Cole “not gon cry/I ain’t thru” award
Chris Brown “Deuces”
Best parody artist
The dumbest album cover that set Black people back 400 years
Sheek Louch “Donnie G: Don Gorilla”
“what the F*@ was he thinking”
The dumbest album cover that set white people back 400 years
Kanye West “My dark twisted fantasy”
Best cartoon impersonation:
Drake as Burt from Sesame Street (look at those eyebrows)
State of the industry (Executives moonlighting)
Tony Austin (who thinks he’s a rapper but hasn’t seen a hot 16 since his junior prom)
Eric Beasley (who’s spent more time preparing for the BMX hip hop challenge than preparing artist)
The industry needs me award
- Tech N9ne (who’s been moving more units than Tony Montana on an indy level)
- Yo Gotti (who used most of his profits on bail money)
Female OG award
- Heather B (who returned to her 1st season Real World smack a chick form)
- Rah Digga (if she’s too busy her daughter will smack Doritos out of your hand)
Male OG award
Doug E. Fresh (who got Wolf Blitzer to do his dance that’s over 20 yrs old, who needs Cali Swag district)
Best shout out to a producer on record
Snoog Dogg to Will.I.am on “Kush” (still I am tighter than the pants on Will.I.am), great back handed stab in the gut
Best regional artist (Ohio Valley)
Wiz Khalifah “Black & Yellow”
(why haven’t the steelers adopted this song as their anthem)
Best regional artist (MidWEST- Detroit)
Black Milk “what up though”
Best regional artist (WEST)
PAC DIV (these dudes were rollin rollin rollin)
Rap Panther Cointelpro award (J.Edgar hoover list)
- Kazi the Black
- Hasan Salaam
Abandoned child award (they left me for dead)
Keyshia “Boobie” Cole
Most disrespectful artist
Sean Price aka Sabado Gigante aka Kimbo Price aka “F@# ya weekly series”
I can’t believe he said that sun! award
Sam Hill aka Side show Bob shoe wearer aka Wesley Pipes
Ignorant song award
“They don’t know me” by Uncle Murda
“Speakin in tongues” by Vado, Camron
Best use of drug dealer names to sell records
Rick Ross (Big Meech, Larry Hoover, Noreaga, Ricky Ross, etc.)
Best use of Wine to sell records
Rick Ross aka RO-ZAY !
Needs anger management award
Royce the 5’ 9”
“where my money at”
Most disrespectful record aka the Jasmine Sullivan
“I hope she cheats”
Best song by an athlete
Best use of a video game to make a record
“Get Busy” by Saigon (Super Mario Bros)
Best original concept show
“Spittin in da wip “ with Crazy Al Cayne
Hottest tv/online show of the year to bring artist together Award:
- MC 2 MC. Located in the Hip Hop Culture Center within the Magic Johnson movie theatre. 124th st & 8th ave Harlem NYC.
*shout out to Curtis Sherrod & Ralph McDaniels
Last Train to Paris for D*#k riders Award:
- Charlamagne Tha God (hmm..)
Said his true feelings and about P. Diddy/ Dirty Money, album and record label. Then the next day Diddy calls him and gives him "THE TALK"! Now Charlamgne wears Bad Boy jackets, drinks Ciroc, endorses "The Last Train To Paris" and calls Diddy "Brother/ Mr. Combs". THE TALK!!
My Bad....SON! Award:
- While many people were bashing Chris Brown, (we may have took a comic jab too) little did we know that Rihanna was the one that was beating the hell out of him! The slapping and beating of Chris Brown in public places and on the regular in front of friends. Guess that pic of her beat up was the last straw for Chris. Deuces!
Funniest cartoon parody Award:
"Short Bus Shawty" ft Gucci Mane, Wacka Flocka, OJ Da Juiceman.
Daddy's Little Girl Award:
- Chippy D (Lawrence Fishburne daughter). Can't even get mad at Mr. Fishburne. He stood their with his daughter's mom who gave her things most daughters can't even get. Still loves her. Good dad!
"Debbie Does Dallas" Award:
- Kat Stacks
Idiotic co-stars in "Debbie Does Dallas" Award:
- Nelly, Bow Wow, Soulja Boy, Mazi, dude from Black Wall St and the rest of the idiots who fell for the dumb trap
"Mayor Marion Barry" Award:
- Soulja Boy getting caught on footage with coke lines in his hotel room with Kat Stacks.
Best song that would force you to listen anything BUT rap Award:
- Soulja Boy "Pretty Boy Swag"
He's been rapping for years now. Stop sticking up for his horrible music he's been putting out lately!
"Weekend At Bernies" Award:
- DJ Funkmaster Flex
(dissing 2Pac while he's been dead for over a decade. Hmm...never heard him ever come out in public and say all these feelings about 2Pac when he was alive and rolling thru the eastcoast. Hmm...)
"100 Miles And Running"/ "I need Wyclef ASAP" Award:
- DJ Cipher Sounds statement of him not having AIDS cause he does not have sex with Haitian women.
**This just in**
DJ Cipher Sounds will NOT be dj-ing in many parts of the country where many people scream Sak PasSe
Luke Skywalker vs The Force Award:
- Lupe Fiasco exposing major record labels "360 Deals" for artist and exposing MTV.
Darth Vader Award:
- Atlantic Records. "Luke......I am your father..."!
Mini-me/ Single White Female (the movie) Award:
Lil Kim & Nicki Minaj. (From pics, to style, to even silicon. Seems a little scary on some movie sh*t!)
"Why The Hell Did I Say This Now" Award
- G Dep (admitting to a murder 17 years ago just days before the holidays
Snitch Spotlight Award
- J Butta (old school Philly rapper/ drug runner turned informant who is doing mad interviews all over the internet and Philly radio like its cool to turn snitch and take the spotlight).
Best quote on the spotlight Award
- NYC mayoral candidate Jimmy McMillian "The rent is just too damn high"!
Country Grammer Award
- Wacka Flocka (dude left Queens NY in his teens and now is living in the CITY of Atlanta in is mid 20's. But his mom sounds like she didn't miss a beat from Queens, NY accent.)
Village People Award
-Marques Houston, Raz B, Omarion, Fizz (the entire B2K). Alleged sexing in of one another with Chris Stokes being the "head"! Allegedly, I hope!
My Doug E. is so disrespectful Award:
- Cali Swag District (got a song about Doug E. Fresh probably not even knowing who he is or looks like and doesn't even really do the Doug E properly. Even worse is they didn't even include him the remix. So disrespectful!!)
-Atlantic/ Warner music hopping on the back of all the hard work Wiz Khalifa and Taylor Gang did on their own since the label didn't initally believe.
Best female dancer Award:
- John Wall (Kentucky basketball player). I know gay men that say "that is sooo gay". Ha
* Big Baby from the Celtics & Jenkins from the Bucks were a close second and third. Maybe a little too close.*
Hard working all around entertainer Award:
- Jamie Foxx. (Movies, radio, music, sketch comedy, etc. He is moving force. Give him his props.)
Jail is cool Award:
- Gucci Mane (close second)